If you’re a frequent visitor to the site, you may notice that things look a little different around here. Thanks to your continued support and participation with the Regency Society of Virginia, we outgrew our previous membership software to the point that it was no longer a viable option for us. Happily, we were able to find a solution and we now can welcome you to our new home on the web!
Members should have received a welcome e-mail and a new password to log in to the site. We ask that you please check over your profile after you are logged in and make any changes necessary so that we have the most up-to-date information.
Many of the features that we had with the previous site are still available (although the interface is different). You can still find:
- “Self-service” profiles – Members can still manage their privacy settings, update information, and check finances through their profiles at any time after logging in to the site.
- Member Forum – Introduce yourself to other members and discuss a variety of early 19th century and RSV related topics in the forum.
- Classified Ads – An upgrade from our clunky Member Marketplace on our previous site, the new Classified Ads module will allow members to easily list or find early 19th century goods and services on their own.Just click on “classified ads” in your profile to get started.
- Member Photo Albums – Members are still able to upload photos on the RSV site to their own personal albums.(We ask that you do keep albums family-friendly and limited to content related to the RSV and/or the early 19th century.)
There are some new features that members will find when they log in now, too:
- “Tell a Friend” and Share icons – Easily recommend and share a link to the RSV website with friends and others who might be interested in our organization.
- Event Calendar view – You’ll notice a simpler but more colorful event list now.Events are color coordinated so that you can quickly see event types,(Just click the “Legend” button at the top of the listing to decode what those colors mean.)Prefer to view events on a calendar?Members have the option of changing from a “grid” to a “calendar” view.We’ll also be able to post notifications for important dates (such as the Ladies’ Retreat registration opening!) and list non-RSV events which might be of interest to our members alongside our own events.
- Interests – Members have the option of indicating specific “interests” so that they can find other members who live in the same region or enjoy similar topics or pursuits.
- Volunteer Opportunities – As an entirely volunteer-run group, the RSV counts on its members’ help in a variety of ways.If you’ve ever wanted to lend a hand with event planning, participate in educational outreach, write articles for our blog, and more, there’s now a central place for you to go and see what opportunities are available.
- RSV Photo Albums – Our pictures aren’t just on Facebook anymore!Our group’s history is now available to view on our site!
- Technical Assistance – While you can always contact us at email@example.com for any questions you might have, if you are having a hard time figuring out how to navigate or work the new site, our new hosting company has provided a multitude of ways to get help.(Please keep in mind that all issues related to the RSV—such as event and membership questions—should be directed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.) Members will find a “User Manuals” section in their profile where printed instructions for using the site can be accessed.In addition to downloading instructions, many pages have an question mark icon in the upper right corner (just below the navigation bar) that, when clicked, will take you to a searchable online help guide.The online help guide also has links to videos if you prefer to watch how to do something than read about it.Still stuck?Members also have access to telephone support (866-457-2582) from 7:30AM – 8:00PM Eastern, Monday-Friday.
And, coming soon…
- A New Mobile App! – Like our previous app, you will still be able to view RSV information, update your profile, and register for events through your smartphone.However, with our new app, you will also be able to use your phone’s geolocation features to help meet up with other members.(This feature is entirely optional and can be turned on or off at your convenience.)It will also have a chat feature that will work similarly to Facebook’s Messenger so that you can contact members in real time.The Meets and Chat features will also be available through the website on your desktop, too!
We hope that you will spend a little time exploring and getting to know our new site and its features. It’s still relatively new to us, too, so we thank you in advance for your understanding and patience as we continue to learn all the various ins and outs of the software. If you see something that isn’t working as it should, could be improved in one way or another, or just want to let us know that you’re enjoying the new features, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Again, thank you for everything that you have done as members to help make the Regency Society of Virginia a great place to be! Enjoy the site!